Cloaked can help anonymise screenshots and photos when sharing potentially sensitive information. Examples include early childhood centres or schools where faces of children may need to be blurred in social media posts, or perhaps sharing screenshots/forms that include private data.
Sharing screenshots of interfaces and forms with real data can always be problematic. Information like bank details, client names, addresses and phone numbers could potentially be abused. Cloaked was developed to help selectively anonymise parts of screenshots and photos without losing the overall look and feel of the screenshot.
Cloaked includes support for:
- Automatic Text and/or Face detection
- Various filters including: Black Out, Pixelate, Hex Pixelate, Crystallise
- Changing the scale of the filter being applied
- Sharing of the output using the standard macOS sharing form
- Select or deselect groups of features
- Manually add regions that aren't automatically detected
- Grow and shrink areas
- macOS only at the moment
Cloaked is in active development. Please contact us if you have any problems or feature requests.
Features and enhancements in development
- PDF document support - Remove selected text and annotations and replace with black out region
- Planned versions for Windows and Android